Faculty Institute: Flipping Your Course, June 5-9
Monday, May 01, 2017
This summer, Instructional Technology Services will hold a 5-day faculty institute from Monday, June 5 to Friday, June 9 where you can improve your knowledge and skills in designing and developing an exemplary course in a "flipped" format.
The flipped course is a pedagogical model where the typical lecture and homework elements of a course are reversed or switched. It introduces lecture materials in an online format so that class time can instead be devoted to problem solving, discussions, and group activities that reflect higher levels of learning.
Through the institute, you will learn how to:
- Implement modern PowerPoint design and tools
- Summarize accessibility and ADA compliance
- Develop a plan to flip a class session or lecture
- Experience using i>clickers (remote response systems) as both a student and an instructor
- Use Camtasia Studio to record and publish a lecture
- Gain insights from the Center for Teaching Excellence and the Libraries about presenting in class and fostering classroom engagement and interaction
The institute is open to tenured, tenure-track, and non-tenure-track faculty with previous face-to-face teaching experience. Plus, receive a $2,000 bursary to help offset course redesign costs after successful completion.
A proposal submission is required to participate, due Monday, May 29. Learn more about the schedule, expectations, and proposal requirements at http://its.tamu.edu/fyc.
For more information, contact ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org or (979) 862-3977.