Faculty Institute: Flipping Your Course, June 4-15
Monday, May 07, 2018
This summer, Instructional Technology Services will hold a two-week faculty institute Monday, June 4 – Friday, June 15 where you can improve your knowledge and skills in designing and developing an exemplary course in a "flipped" format.
The flipped course is a pedagogical model where the typical lecture and homework elements of a course are reversed or switched. It introduces lecture materials in an online format so that class time can instead be devoted to problem solving, discussions, and group activities that reflect higher levels of learning.
Through the institute, you will learn how to:
- Develop a plan to flip a class session or lecture
- Implement strategies for teaching in active learning classrooms
- Summarize accessibility, ADA compliance, and universal design
- Experience iClickers (student response systems) as both a student and an instructorUse Camtasia Studio to record and publish a lecture
- Gain insights from the Center for Teaching Excellence, the University Writing Center, and the University Libraries about presenting in class and fostering classroom engagement and interaction
The institute is open to tenured, tenure-track, and non-tenure-track faculty with previous face-to-face teaching experience. Plus, receive a $1,000 bursary to help offset course redesign costs after successfully completing the institute.
A proposal submission is required to participate, due Tuesday, May 29. Learn more about the schedule, expectations, and proposal requirements at http://its.tamu.edu/fyc. Participants will present individual poster sessions at the 2019 Transformational Teaching & Learning Conference.
For more information, contact ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org or (979) 862-3977.